What is Menopause?
Menopause is a natural process in which a woman’s ovaries gradually stop releasing eggs and her monthly periods stop. This usually happens between the ages of 45 and 55 and can be triggered by various factors, such as aging, lifestyle choices, and medical conditions.
Menopause has many symptoms and can vary from woman to woman but common symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood swings, difficulty sleeping, fatigue, changes in sex drive (interest), weight gain, trouble concentrating and forgetfulness. Menopause can make some women more likely to develop health conditions such as osteoporosis or heart disease.
Why Sage and Ashwagandha are good for Menopausal Symptoms
There are both scientific and anecdotal evidence that suggests that the symptoms of menopause can be reduced by taking sage and ashwagandha; these natural herbs have been used for decades in Ayurvedic medicine. These herbs have a synergistic effect on the body, meaning they work better when used together than when used alone.
Sage is a traditional remedy for menopausal symptoms, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to reduce hot flashes and may help prevent osteoporosis. Sage has been shown to improve mood and reduce stress levels, which in turn can reduce anxiety, irritability and depression, making it a great herb for women going through menopause.
Ashwagandha has also been shown to reduce the severity of hot flashes, increase energy levels, improve sleep quality, decrease depression and anxiety symptoms, and balance hormones. The use of Ashwagandha for menopause is not a new practice. For centuries it has been used by Indian women to balance their hormones and ease the symptoms of menopause.
Health benefits of Ashwagandha for menopause include:
- Helps to balance hormones, enhancing a woman's sexual desire and relieving uncomfortable symptoms such as hot flashes and mood swings.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which can help to alleviate joint pain, inflammation, muscle soreness and fatugue associated with menopause.
- Has antioxidant properties that can help protect women from hormone related cancers such as breast and ovarian cancer.
- Helps to increase skin elasticity and repair damaged skin, leading to a healthier complexion.
- Helps with mood swings, hot flashes and discomfort associated with menopause.
The power of Sage & Ashwagandha for Menopausal Women
As the menopause sets in, a woman's estrogen levels drop and her progesterone levels rise. This can lead to a host of physical and mental changes, including hot flashes and mood swings.
The combination of sage and ashwagandha can help regulate hormones which leads to a positive effect on the quality of life, sleep, mood and sexual health during perimenopause/menopause.
Shop: Sage & Ashwagandha